BTC · BRAGA THEATRE COMPANY
BTC · BRAGA THEATRE COMPANY is a professional structure of theatrical production. It was founded in 1980 at Oporto and it has been established at Braga since 1984, as the result of an artistic project and of a protocol signed with Braga’s City Hall.
ENVIRONMENTAL , CULTURAL AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
The dst group is notably investing in growth and diversification as fundamental pillars to create lasting value, taking advantage of synergies and a wide range of businesses based around the construction value chain. The dst group's extended social responsibility programme covers areas such as culture, education, health, safety, the environment and knowledge. The programme cuts across the group and it is developed both internally and externally, involving all employees and in line with the dst group values of Ambition, Passion, Loyalty, Solidarity, Good-taste, Courage, Respect and Strictness. This dst group concern for social responsibility matters, not only increases the personal wealth of each employee, but also contributes towards the environment they live in and shows the market a distinct position of a "cultured, cosmopolitan and cool" group, projecting a modern, socially dynamic, cultural and economic image. Given the trends and challenges facing the world today, companies' roles in sustainability has the greatest economic, social and environmental importance. Companies' progress towards sustainability is an unending task and a permanent challenge and we are becoming a national benchmark in terms of environmental, cultural and social responsibility as well as in the fight against unemployment.
CULTURE AND PATRONAGE
The dst group's expanded social responsibility programme kept its eye on patronage, focussing on encouraging and disclosing culture and education. The group has always prioritised cultural activities ever since it was founded, raising its position and standing-out in the way it does business. Among the numerous activities and events that were held in 2013, the more important were:
· Main patron of the Braga Theatre Company
· Main patron of the Braga Book Fair
· Award of the Great Literature Prize
· Promotion of the "Emergentes dst" International Photography Prize, aimed at awarding an annual prize to the best international photographic work.
· We continually develop our policy of supporting books and reading, by offering books and through the publication of the group newsletter, which is prepared using the active contribution of employees who participate by sending in articles, with no restrictions on the topics of literary genres. The group also encourages reading by offering books to school libraries and makes them available internally from its own library with all kinds of literary works for the employees to enjoy.
· It strongly encourages employees to participate in voluntary actions and has continued to actively collaborate with Habitat and the Portuguese Institute of Blood and Transplantation. In addition to all these concerns, and because the company takes its brand slogan “building culture” very seriously, dst group has been working on a project which aims to help emerging artists to obtain the appropriate recognition and payment for their effort and work, allowing them to exhibit their artworks at a global level, through an online platform with real-life galleries associated to it: the zet gallery project.
Environmental questions are on the front line of the group's concerns, namely in the building activities that have a major impact on the consumption of material and energy resources and in the production of waste. The expansion and development of various departments and group companies have highlighted the need to integrate environmental questions into the management system so as to meet the socio-economic needs and protect the environment. This is why dst group has adopted a management policy that includes environmental criteria such as developing processes and procedures that cause less environmental impact, consume fewer natural resources more responsibly and prevent pollution, namely by reducing the use of hazardous products and producing less waste.